November 25, 2018 0 comments
Dedicated professional with 20 year’s successful project management expertise. Seeking a position of a business development manager where she can utilize her consulting experience, business sensibilities, advanced degree, and enthusiasm.
Market-savvy, entrepreneurial individual who thrives on risk and a brilliant analyst. Result-oriented self-starter who handles multiple projects and manages conflicting priorities.
Dynamic leader – motivates employees to contribute toward effectiveness and success of an organization. Exceptional ability to make sound decisions in critical situations.
Possesses high energy, strong work ethic and unquestioned reputation for honesty and integrity. Committed to overall client satisfaction; Ability to learn and transfer knowledge in an organization. Excellent communication skills: an attentive listener, articulate speaker and persuasive negotiator with fluency in English, Russian and Ukrainian
Project Management – led teams of 35 people and managed projects up to $2,000,000.
Business Development – managed Market Research & Analysis for a variety of industries and established business plans. Identified new business opportunities - new markets, partnerships with other businesses, ways to reach existing markets, or new product or service offerings - to bring in more revenue. Created marketing strategies.
Account Management – proactively found new ways to build clients business and grow accounts. Mastered and maintained vast knowledge of customers business, competition, and latest industry. Negotiated and closed deals having a face-to-face meeting with clients or partners. Advised on Business Formation of an international company including registration overseas.
Visionary Leadership, Team Building, and Coaching – Developed and coordinated training programs in both academic and industrial environments. Training included International business management, International negotiations, Cultural issues in International Business, Development and Operations in Joint Venture Companies, and Entrepreneurship strategies.
Contract Negotiations – negotiated the terms and conditions in contracts ensuring compliance, documenting any changes that arose during its implementation
Other Functions – People Management, Recruiting, Business Planning, Market Intelligence, Marketing, Product Representation, Business Cases and Presentations, Facilitation, Market & Social Research, Public Speaking. Deal sourcing, company analysis, and evaluation undertaking due diligence evaluating technology advantages and sustainability, assessing technology commercialization potential, preparing industry and country studies, providing market analyzes.
Psychology — Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation and psychological research methods.
Government Relations Management and Expertise – Represented international companies before local and state governmental entities in the Ukraine, Russia and the former USSR countries. Expedited high-level negotiations between government and private industry sector.
- Web: HTML, XML, CSS
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Acrobat Professional, OpenOffice 2.0, Serena TeamTrack, EPR Epicor Vantage
- Python, Django
- Social Media Skills: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Software: Omnigraffle, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Project; IOS.
- DjangoCMS, WordPress, Magento
- Web Design: HTML, CSS
- Project Management: Trello, Pivotal Tracker, GitLab, GitHub and Jira
Kharkov State Academy of Municipal Economy Post-graduate work GPA: 4 (on a 4.0 scale)
Conducted feasibility studies and investigated environmental problems of nuclear power, hydroelectric power, and alternative energy sources in the Ukraine September 1999 – Jan 2002
Kharkov Civil Engineering University
Master of Business Administration
Kharkov State Academy of Municipal Economy
Bachelor Degree of Science in Engineering, Minor: Hotel Management
MarpaSoft LLC, Los Angeles, CA 2009 - Present
Founder - Business Development
MarpaSoft LLC is a Los Angeles based full-service agency specializing in creative design, custom web & iOS application development. Major clients included UCLA & CCAPP (the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals).
- Acquired 23 customers and manage the development of 17 complex database driven websites & 225 mobile applications.
- Negotiate contracts and project budgets. Translate contracts into statements of work, and turn them into project requirements.
- Manage requirements and proactively track deliverables.
- Lead and deliver multiple projects and releases simultaneously.
- Continuously assess project risks and plan actions to mitigate.
- Analyze and research market trends and competitors, provide ideas to enhance customers’ businesses.
- Led the development of a multi-app Local Research platform for building and hosting iPhone apps using SEO-optimized small business profiles.
- Oversaw the automated app submission process and maintained multiple productions of apps simultaneously securing jobs for over 100 students at UCLA Associated Student Media and releasing 225 apps through the Apple App Store for student groups, newspapers, sports, and EPKs for local businesses.
Director, Business Development
02/08 – Present
Share Now, Beverly Hills, CA
IT/Media Sharing/Social Networking
- Oversee SDLC making sure that each phase of development is delivered on schedule and with high-quality results. Lead IT recruiting activities.
- Define and communicate specifications, manage resources, coordinate cross-functional teams and manage an on-time implementation
- Develop product from strategic planning to implementation to post-launch analysis based on strategic priorities, industry experience, idea generation, site, and marketplace research.
- Analyze every aspect of the user experience, putting users' needs and expectations first in the definition of requirements. Cultivate and constantly improve the user experience. Create usability surveys.
- Optimize and analyze product performance. Facilitate site acquisition and build networking communities; participate in the development and implementation of grassroots and traditional marketing plans.
Management Consultant - 04.94 - 04.02 - Ukraine; 05/02 – Present, USA
Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of customers business, conduct a functional analysis of every aspect of clients business to recognize the problem affecting profit, providing perspective on operations. Examine marketing, management, and operations of the clients business. Analyze operational review; conduct employee interviews and questionnaires.
- Suggest organization re-engineering. Help with settings goals and creating plans; organizing structured framework within the organization; putting right people in the right jobs; directing and monitoring process.
Managing Director, LisaConsulting.com - 03/07 - Present
Elicited requirements of new software development using interviews, surveys, tasks and workflow analysis for medical non-emergency transportation services and rehabilitation centers; worked with a software developer to create an application using open source technologies. Conceptualized business plan; Next step is to patent the technology.
- Conducted market research of Commercial Real estate development in Ukraine (2004-2005)
List of Consulting Projects: from 04.1986 until 02.2008
Elixir, Los Angeles - 03/07- 05/07
Conducted business analysis and research on herbal health care needs of Americans; Proposed to create Elixir kiosks at the airports and promote a new brand. The business was sold to a competitor.
Long Tale, Los Angeles, CA
Intellectual Property (IP) Asset Management Services
A key member of the executive team; set Company strategic directions. Manage multiple business initiatives in a start-up environment. Analyze lender proposals and investment scenarios. Build and manage a business development team. Lead recruiting activities.
- Wrote a business plan for Digital Software for Intellectual property management (music, independent film, photography) (May 2006)
Quackers Entertainment, LLC
Brought parties together and collected investment money for pre-production independent film project; have a title as Associate producer (11/04 – Present)
Cranium Film Works LA, Hollywood, CA
Analyzed existing business plan and investment scenarios; conducted market research for Digital media on pricing, competitors and services available. Suggested a client not to look for an investor, but ask for money from his clients to purchase needed equipment. My idea worked within a week. The client gave the owner $200,000.00. The company currently operates renting office space in Raleigh Studios. (2004)
Innovative Computer Concepts, Pasadena, CA - (08.03-03.08)
Made recommendations for the existing business plan. Conducted market research on structure and needs of Veterinary industry in California and Los Angeles area. Elicited requirements of a software development using interviews, surveys, tasks and workflow analysis – project in a process of being funded.
Fulbright International Center, Arlington, Washington DC - 08/03-02/04
Business development efforts to create a new Fulbright International Center providing support and grants for creative people and artists
Hustler Club/424 Club, Beverly Hills, CA - 04/03-08/03
Wrote a business plan for a restaurant; the restaurant was opened in 424 Beverly Hills, CA and operated until was sold to the other party.
Project/Product Manager - 09/06 – 07/07
LRN, Los Angeles, CA
Planed, deployed, and managed successful web-based legal and ethics training solutions for several Global 1000 companies. As a product manager for building Knowledge management created product vision. Initially was brought to the company by Rick Vita.
- Analyzed description of features, functions, and benefits of products. Evaluated, recommended and implemented product enhancements and new product concepts based on market demand, sales abilities, and operational feasibility.
- Researched on improvements of education solutions to reinforce corporate culture and integrity.
Business Analyst/Procurement Administration/Contract - 02/05 - 08/06
Marvin Engineering Company, Inglewood, CA
Responsible for international negotiations with Eastern Europe to develop a subsidiary of Marvin Engineering; Managed relations with top airspace companies and numbers of machining houses negotiating the best value by means of a long-term agreement
- Elicited requirements of new software development using interviews, surveys, tasks and workflow analysis. Coordinated implementation of proprietary integrated software (C#, ADO.NET).
- Implementation of a new integrated system saved 40% time and increased buyers’ performance 30%. Trained 20 of personal on system usage
Expatriate/Project Manager - 02/98 – 04/02
International Educational Project, Kharkov , Ukraine
Managed a $550,000 project from the writing and submission of a grant proposal to final implementation. Supervised 30 members of academic staff. Successfully exceeded department expectations in achieving project milestones, resulting in significant time (50%) and cost savings (est. $40K savings).
- Conducted lectures to Bachelor students once a week. Oversaw curriculum development activities.
- Facilitated the development software system for the "student-teacher" computer dialog system using Windows Forms in C# .NET and XML.
- Oversaw library automation of all in-house activities and compiling electronic catalog (HTML, Perl).
- Managed the certification by the Ministry of Education of Ukraine for the new curriculum (Environmental Engineering and Management), which established a new career specialization for the Ministry of Labor.
- Discussed major issues about the Ukrainian Energy market with President of Ukraine, Kuchma and Vice Speaker of Parliament.
- Presented project at an international educational conference: “Svit Osvity” (over 200 exhibits and over 10,000 students).
- Presented the project to the News Media and presented all information of current funding to grant participants to establish new projects.
VP of Business Development - 04/97 – 04/02
Energy Stock Sales and Foreign Investments
EnergoFinTrust, Investment and Stock Company, Kharkov, Ukraine
Developed and directed partnerships in joint-venture companies
- Managed the key accounts for the company amounting in $30,000 monthly corporate sales.
- Managed a team of 8 attorneys to create sales contracts and conduct legal procedures in court. Supervised 10 sales managers.
- Coordinated employee training and development seminars for 10 sales managers and 45 salesmen in all aspects of energy brokering in Ukraine, including strategic management, customer relations, sales and contract negotiations that increased operation productivity by 15% and reduced training costs by 50%.
- Developed business plans and created demo presentations for prospective investors. Raised capital in excess of $8M to fund 15 science research venture start-ups.
VP of Business Development
INFOPOLIPROM, Wholesale Computer Distributor, Kharkov, Ukraine
Developed and implemented business development, sales and PR strategies to acquire new customers and retain existing accounts. Created marketing campaigns
- Managed the development of a contact database for a wholesale electronics distributor. Implementation of the system improved customer service by 80%.
PR Manager/Tourist Guide
Kharkov Bureau of Trips and Excursions, Kharkov, Ukraine
Managed existing accounts and creating new business opportunities
- Organized large corporate events for governmental, private and educational sectors.
- Developed official tourist excursion plans for the City of Kharkov, Ukraine.